It’s been a great year for About a City Glasgow. OK admittedly we’ve only been doling out our wisdom for the last few months of 2011 – but none the less, it’s been a fabulous experience and we’ve had a truly wonderful time writing each and every blog.
And so on that note – we excitedly welcome 2012 and hope to check out even more places, spaces, events, eateries and everything in between.
A few things at the top of our 2012 ‘to do’ list – in no particular order- includes:
- Finally finding and crowning the champion of breakfasts in Glasgow. But with a slew of worthy of contenders, this won’t be easy. However, we’re willing to eat our fill of perfectly scrambled eggs, fluffy pancakes and happily drink freshly squeezed orange juice abundantly.
- Admittedly a lot of our reviews have covered the best of the City Centre and the West End – but not wanting to overlook the glorious South we’ll be exploring the eateries and shops of Glasgow’s South Side and bringing the best of them to you. Fanatical for bread, Tapa Bake House is at the top of our list.
- We’ve also heard rumblings about an exciting culinary concept, Boho Kitchen where once a month three amateur chefs take on cooking in a professional restaurant. The menu is then marked by the customers! So watch this space.
- And speaking of events – in the New Year we hope to bring you even more things happening around this fine City – our curiosity has also been struck by the Spoken Word event Words Per Minute kicking off at the Arches monthly. Fusing bursts of live music, spoken word, short film and theatrical performance – we’re hoping it’s attention-grabbing.
- And as not to forget the lads – we hope to find the very best place for men to get their haircut in Glasgow.
Of course these are only a few of the things we’ll be exploring over 2012 – and we’re always open to suggestion so let us know about your favourite places to see, thing to do, eat and experience.
Lastly for all of those reading, following and sharing the blog – tweeting and getting in touch with terrific tips – we thank you. You’re encouragement and enthusiasm keeps us going.
All the best in 2012
– T (and B)