Glasgow never looked better.
Every outdoor bar and eatery is brimming with brightly clad happy shiny people. The weather is simply too glorious to ignore. Summer has landed! And whether it’s here to stay or just passing through, make the most of it.
Get out there – soak it up, savour the heat and rejuvenate your soul. And why not have a civilised drink or two. If you’re looking to get off the beaten ‘Lane’, try out one of these fantastic alternatives:
Tucked away off King Street is Mono (at Kings Court) – a relaxing hangout with plenty of places to laze about in the open air, sip refreshing cool delights, get a bite to eat and soak up sun and sound.
At the very far end of Bath Street the Tiki Bar’s tropical paradise awaits – complete with outdoor aloha fun and delicious cocktails served up in the most interesting of ways. My favourite has to be the gin and juice served up in a sly skull glass.
Easy to miss but good to find this North Street treasure. Like theTardis Chinaskis is bigger and bolder than it appears – offering up a magical back beer garden, perfect for losing track of time and people watching.
Can’t be sure if they’re responsible for all the great weather but it’s certainly worth checking out the many events happening in the South of the city this Saturday – including a Queen’s Park take over. Sunshine, art, entertainment, activities and more. What’s not to love?
- Have fun but go home before you blister yourself into
red lobster oblivion.
- Sun is good – but so is water, so drink some now and again.
- Savour that crisp cold (insert drink here) but don’t drown your dignity in the bottom of one too many.
- And don’t complain about being too hot – take off that jumper and fur lined boots (yes I’ve seen them) and enjoy May as it’s meant to be.
- And lastly (as the song says) wear sunscreen.